Agenda and minutes
Venue: Committee Room 2 - Town House. View directions
Contact: Stephanie Dunsmuir on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01224 522503
The agenda and reports associated with this meeting can be viewed here
Members, please note that the relevant plans can be viewed online:-
With reference to its meeting of 2 August 2018, the Local Review Body (LRB) of Aberdeen City Council reconvened at the Town House following a site visit to review the decision taken by an appointed officer under the Council’s Scheme of Delegation to refuse the request for planning permission for the erection of a 1.5 storey garage with storage space at upper level at 83 Blenheim Place, Aberdeen, Planning Reference 171486.
Councillor Boulton, as Chairperson, advised that the procedures previously outlined by the Clerk at the meeting of 2 August would apply and indicated that the LRB would be addressed by Mr Gavin Evans, who acted as Planning Adviser to the LRB in the case under consideration. The Chairperson reiterated that although the Planning Adviser was employed by the planning authority, he had not been involved in any way with the consideration or determination of the application under review and was present to provide factual information and guidance to the LRB only. She emphasised that the officer would not be asked to express any view on the proposed application.
In relation to the application, the LRB again had before it (1) a delegated report by Mr Gavin Clark, Senior Planner; (2) the decision notice dated 16 April 2018; (3) links to the plans showing the proposal and planning notices referred to in the delegated report; (4) a letter of representation; and (5) the application and Notice of Review submitted by the applicant along with an accompanying statement with further information relating to the application.
The LRB was then addressed by Mr Evans who provided a summary of the information he had previously given to Members at the earlier meeting on 2 August.
Mr Evans made reference to the relevant planning considerations, as follows:-
· D1 – Quality Placemaking by Design: Requires development to be of a high standard of design, which demonstrates an understanding of its context.
· H1 – Residential Areas: Householder Development: should particularly:
o Not result in an unacceptable impact on the character and amenity of the surrounding area; and
o Comply with Supplementary Guidance
· D4 – Historic Environment: Aberdeen City Council will protect, preserve and enhance the historic environment in line with SPP, SHEP and its own Supplementary Guidance and Conservation Area Character Appraisals and Management Plan;
· NE5 – Trees and Woodlands: States the presumption against development that would result in loss of trees that contribute to landscape character, local amenity etc.
· T2 – Managing the Transport Impact of Development: Development must demonstrate that sufficient measures have been taken to minimise traffic generated and maximise opportunities for sustainable travel; and
· Householder Supplementary Guidance Section 3.1.6: includes content relating specifically to outbuildings.
Mr Evans advised that in determining the appeal, Members should also take into consideration any material considerations that they felt were relevant to the application that would point to either overturning the original decision or dismissing the review.
He noted that it appeared that the relevant material considerations were primarily:-
· Policy H1 – particularly items 2 and ... view the full minutes text for item 1.