Review of Community Council Governance - GOV/18/022
- Meeting of Special Meeting - Community Council Governance, Council, Monday, 2nd July, 2018 10.15 am (Item 2.)
With reference to Article 2 of the minute of its special meeting of 5 March 2018, the Council had before it a report by the Chief Officer - Governance which presented the responses received during the second phase of public consultation and the final version of the Scheme for the Establishment of Community Councils including boundary changes for various Community Councils for formal adoption.
The report recommended:-
that the Council -
(a) adopt the Scheme and associated documents as set out in Appendices 1 to 6 to the report;
(b) adopt the change to Community Council boundaries which had received agreement with neighbouring Community Councils as outlined in Appendix 7 to the report;
(c) adopt proposal 1 for the boundary change between Bucksburn and Newhills and Dyce and Stoneywood Community Councils as outlined in section 3.6 of the report;
(d) adopt proposal 1 for the boundary change between City Centre and Ferryhill and Ruthrieston Community Councils as outlined in section 3.7 of the report;
(e) note the content of the consultation responses and resulting actions as outlined in Appendix 8 to the report;
(f) approve the issue of a public notice notifying members of the public that the Scheme and associated documents had been adopted; and
(g) note that the Scheme would come into effect just prior to the Community Council Triennial Elections due to be held in October 2018.
The Council resolved:-
(i) to approve the recommendations; and
(ii) to commend the report author, Mrs Finch, for her work in this area.
- BARNEY CROCKETT, Lord Provost.
- Review of Community Council Governance - report, item 2. PDF 79 KB
- Appendix 1 - Scheme, item 2. PDF 200 KB
- Appendix 2 - Area Descriptions, item 2. PDF 177 KB
- Appendix 3 - Constitution, item 2. PDF 156 KB
- Appendix 4 - Standing Orders, item 2. PDF 127 KB
- Appendix 5 - Code of Conduct, item 2. PDF 133 KB
- Appendix 6 - CC Complaints Procedure, item 2. PDF 203 KB
- Appendix 7 - Final Boundary Changes, item 2. PDF 76 KB
- Appendix 8 - Consultation Responses, item 2. PDF 79 KB
- Appendix 9 - CC Population Figures based on Data Zones, item 2. PDF 218 KB