Grampian Joint Police Board
Purpose of committee
Grampian Joint Police Board was established by Section 34 of the Local Government etc (Scotland) Act 1994 and the Grampian Combined Police Area Amalgamation Scheme Order 1995. This Order provided that Aberdeen City Council, Aberdeenshire Council and Moray Council become amalgamated for police purposes into the Grampian Joint Police Board.
The Board's functions encompass; setting the Force budget on an annual basis, appointing senior officers, having responsibility for the conduct of senior officers and having an overall scrutiny role in relation to the way the Chief Constable operates the Force.
As well as dealing with resource issues, the Board has other statutory responsibilities. These include:
- implementing the Independent Custody Visiting Scheme
- managing the requirements of the Police Pensions Regulations
- Councillor Ron McKail (Convener) Aberdeenshire Council
- Councillor Ronald Shepherd (Vice Convener) Moray Council
- Councillor Marie Boulton Aberdeen City Council
- Councillor Jackie Dunbar Aberdeen City Council
- Councillor Alison Evison Aberdeenshire Council
- Councillor Martin Greig Aberdeen City Council
- Councillor Allan Hendry Aberdeenshire Council
- Councillor Douglas Ross Moray Council
- Councillor Ian Tait Aberdeenshire Council
- Councillor Chris Tuke Moray Council
- Councillor Iris Walker Aberdeenshire Council
Support officer: Karen Riddoch 01224 522723 or e-mail email@example.com.
Legal and Democratic Services