Strategic Transformation Committee
Purpose of committee
Please note that online agendas are retained indefinitely
PURPOSE OF COMMITTEE
To be responsible for the overall Target Operating Model and Strategic Design principles.
To agree the overall Transformation Portfolio goals, objectives and priorities and to provide strategic direction to the Transformation Portfolio as follows:
1. to ensure that service improvements and savings are delivered in line with the Council’s Transformation Objectives, namely:
1.1 to deliver the Digital Strategy by 2020;
1.2 to deliver the Target Operating Model by 2020/2021; and
1.3 to deliver benefits realisation (or savings) to allow balanced budgets to be agreed over five years (2018/19 to 2022/23).
2. to provide strategic direction to the Transformation Portfolio, as well as monitor progress and resolve issues that may compromise delivery of the objectives and agreed benefits.
3. to consider and make key decisions on business cases, proposals and cases for change, presented by the Programme Delivery Boards, in conjunction with the assurance and recommendations from the Control Boards.
No initiative will be added to the Transformation Portfolio or final strategic decision made in relation to the Transformation Portfolio without consideration by this Committee.
REMIT OF COMMITTEE
The Committee will:
1. allocate funding as appropriate from the Transformation Fund within the agreed budget and will control and allocate these sums on a savings/cost reduction return for investment basis;
2. provide oversight and stewardship of the Programmes in the Transformation Portfolio, and will undertake overall management of, and approve major proposals for change to, the Council’s resources, including finance, people, staffing structures, systems and technology, and property;
3. monitor and manage each Programme’s progress, benefits realisation (savings) and impact;
4. monitor spend against profiled budget and forecast outturns of the Transformation Fund;
5. identify, prioritise and allocate resources at a strategic level to programmes and projects, re-aligning where necessary;
6. determine the recommendations in business cases, proposals and cases for change from Programme Delivery Boards and will utilise existing public sector procurement framework agreements to engage a strategic digital partner to work with services to identify digital outcomes and support their delivery within the Target Operating Model;
7. manage high-level interdependencies and risks associated with all Transformation Programmes and the wider portfolio of change;
8. establish an over-arching effective communications and engagement strategy, sharing key messages with employees, members and partners as required; and
9. review and approve Transformation Portfolio communications.
JOINT WORKING WITH OTHER COUNCIL COMMITTEES
The Committee will maintain an awareness of key issues arising through the work of other committees of the Council, through lead officers, conveners and vice conveners working together. Specifically, key relationships will be required with:-
· the Operational Delivery Committee which will continue to explore options for the transformation of service delivery ; and
· the Staff Governance Committee in order to be assured that staff are being properly engaged and consulted upon specific transformation proposals.
JOINT WORKING WITH NON COUNCIL BODIES
Executive Lead: Chief Executive
- Councillor Jenny Laing (Convener)
- Councillor Douglas Lumsden (Vice Convener)
- Councillor Marie Boulton
- Councillor Ian Yuill
- Martyn Orchard (Clerk)
Support officer: Martyn Orchard on 01224 523097 or email email@example.com.