Appeals Sub Committee
Purpose of committee
PURPOSE OF THE SUB COMMITTEE
To determine all delegated staff employment issues raised in accordance with Council policy where provision exists for an appeal to this Sub Committee.
REMIT OF THE SUB COMMITTEE
1. The Sub Committee will:
1.1 determine appeals raised in accordance with Council policy where a right to appeal exists against dismissal or final written warning arising from hearings where the right of appeal exists; and
1.2 determine disputes notified by Trades Unions in accordance with the Council’s disputes resolution procedures.
2. The Sub Committee will operate in terms of the agreed procedure.
3. The Sub Committee will comprise five elected members drawn from the pool of membership of the Staff Governance Committee and the quorum will be three.
Executive Lead: Chief Officer – People and Organisational Development
- Councillor Neil Copland (Convener)
- Councillor Gill Al-Samarai (Vice Convener)
- Councillor Marie Boulton
- Councillor David Cameron, the Lord Provost
- Councillor Derek Davidson
- Councillor Steve Delaney, the Depute Provost
- Councillor Lee Fairfull
- Councillor Gordon Graham
- Councillor Sandra Macdonald
- Councillor Neil MacGregor
- Councillor Ken McLeod
- Councillor Lynn Thomson
Support officer: Martyn Orchard, tel 01224 523097 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.