Operational Delivery Committee
Purpose of committee
Please note that online agendas are retained indefinitely
PURPOSE OF COMMITTEE
1. To approve and monitor the in-house delivery of all services provided by Customer Services and Operations, scrutinise performance and make improvements to those services, including Integrated Children’s Services but excluding educational services.
2. To ensure improvement to the Council’s Public Performance Recording data, in line with outcomes and intentions set, excluding educational services.
REMIT OF COMMITTEE
The Committee will, for all services except educational ones:-
1. hold the organisation to account for the in house delivery of all services provided by Customer Services and Operations;
2. approve and monitor the in house delivery of services provided by Customer Services and Operations in all areas and take action to ensure that such performance is in line with the outcomes set by Council and the Strategic Commissioning Committee;
3. improve results for Public Performance Recording, where this is in line with the Council’s own improvement goals, by scrutinising Key Performance Indicators through rigorous performance management arrangements and ensuring that such performance:-
3.1 is done in a manner which places the customer first and ensures the expected contribution to outcomes;
3.2 improves the Council’s position in national tables; and
3.3 adheres to financial targets.
4. provide evidence to the Strategic Commissioning Committee, as requested, on the contribution of in house services to outcomes;
5. approve improvements to operational delivery where officers do not have the power to do so;
6. explore and approve options for transforming the service delivery model; and
7. note proposed peer reviews and inspections by the Local Area Network for the cycle.
JOINT WORKING WITH OTHER COMMITTEES
The Committee will maintain an awareness of key issues arising through the work of other committees of the Council, through lead officers, conveners and vice conveners working together, and attending other committees as observers.
1. the Strategic Commissioning Committee, the City Growth and Resources Committee and the Operational Delivery Committee will cooperate to ensure that the internally commissioned services have clear service specifications, identifying contributions to the LOIP outcomes, and that sufficient funding is available to deliver the service specification.
JOINT WORKING WITH NON COUNCIL BODIES
Officers work closely with Internal Auditors, a service contracted from Aberdeenshire Council, and with external providers of assurance such as External Audit, Audit Scotland and external examining bodies. In addition, officers will work with local representative bodies such as the Disability Equity Partnership and Tenant Participation Groups to understand how effectively services are being delivered to customers and how they can be improved.
Executive Lead: Chief Operating Officer and the Director of Customer Services
- Councillor John Wheeler (Convener)
- Councillor Philip Bell (Vice Convener)
- Councillor Gordon Graham (Vice Convener)
- Councillor Bill Cormie
- Councillor Steve Delaney
- Councillor Lesley Dunbar
- Councillor Jackie Dunbar
- Councillor Dell Henrickson
- Councillor Douglas Lumsden
- Councillor Sandra Macdonald
- Councillor Audrey Nicoll
- Councillor Jennifer Stewart, the Depute Provost,
- Councillor Gordon Townson
- Lynsey McBain (Clerk)
Support officer: Lynsey McBain on 01224 522123 or email email@example.com.