Capital Programme Committee
Purpose of committee
Service Updates for the Capital Programme Committee can be viewed
Please note that online agendas are retained indefinitely
PURPOSE OF COMMITTEE
1. To monitor the development and delivery of the Council’s capital programme, including:
1.1 those projects flowing from the City Centre Masterplan, the Aberdeen City Region Deal, the Common Good and General Fund Capital Programme and the Housing Revenue Account; and
1.2 those interventions that contribute to the overall place outcomes for the City as a result of investment in infrastructure.
2. To approve and monitor major infrastructure planning in the City.
REMIT OF COMMITTEE
1. The Committee in relation to the capital programme will:-
1.1 scrutinise the progress and delivery of capital projects against the approved business cases for supporting new capital investments onto the Capital Programme;
1.2 review progress in the delivery of the benefits of the Capital Programme, including through the receipt and scrutiny of Post Project Evaluations (PPE’s) and Post Occupancy Evaluations (POE’s); and
1.3 request a report to allow for the detailed consideration of any project which is of particular concern or interest.
2. The Committee will oversee and approve the preparation of the Local Development Plan, subject to final approval thereon being given by Council.
JOINT WORKING WITH OTHER COMMITTEES
The Committee will maintain an awareness of key issues arising through the work of other committees of the Council, through lead officers, conveners and vice conveners working together, and attending other committees as observers.
1. the Capital Programme Committee and City Growth and Resources Committee will cooperate strategically to promote city growth and place planning and to ensure that resources are allocated to support outcomes.
2. a key relationship will be required with the Planning Development Management Committee in respect of the preparation of the Local Development Plan.
JOINT WORKING WITH NON COUNCIL BODIES
The Committee, through its lead officers, will regularly consider key issues arising through other external organisations, including:
• the Aberdeen City Region Deal Joint Committee
• Opportunity North East
• the Regional Advisory Board
• Aberdeen Inspired
• the Scottish Cities Alliance
• the Aberdeen Renewables Energy Group
• the Strategic Development Planning Authority
• EU Regional and Thematic Groups
• the World Energy Cities partnership
Executive Lead: Chief Officer - Capital
- Councillor Marie Boulton (Convener)
- Councillor Douglas Lumsden (Vice Convener)
- Councillor Stephen Flynn
- Councillor Gordon Graham
- Councillor Jenny Laing
- Councillor Avril MacKenzie
- Councillor Alexander McLellan
- Councillor Alex Nicoll
- Councillor Ian Yuill
- Karen Finch (Clerk)
Support officer: Karen Finch, tel 01224 522723 or email email@example.com.