In my area
Use the Aberdeen City Council Interactive Mapping service to explore your local area
Capital Programme Committee
Purpose of committee
PURPOSE OF COMMITTEE
1.1 those projects flowing from the City Centre Masterplan, the Aberdeen City Region deal, the Common Good and General Fund Capital Programme and the Housing Revenue Account, and
1.2 those interventions that contribute to the overall place outcomes for the City as a result of investment in infrastructure.
2. To oversee major infrastructure planning in the City.
REMIT OF COMMITTEE
1. The Committee in relation to the capital programme will:-
1.1 scrutinise and approve outline and full business cases for supporting new capital investments, ensuring that all appropriate consultation has been undertaken;
1.2 review progress in the delivery of the benefits of the capital programme through receipt and scrutiny of Post Project Evaluations (PPE’s) and Post Occupancy Evaluations (POE’s); and
1.3 request a report to allow for the detailed consideration of any project which is of particular concern or interest.
2. The Committee, in relation to major infrastructural planning,will oversee and monitor the Local Development Plan, subject to a final approval being given by Council.
JOINT WORKING WITH OTHER COMMITTEES:
The Committee will maintain an awareness of key issues arising through the work of other committees of the Council, through lead officers, conveners and vice conveners working together, and attending other committees as observers. Specifically:-
The Capital Programme Committee and Strategic Commissioning Committee will cooperate to ensure that resources are allocated strategically to support outcomes.
The Capital Programme Committee and City Growth and Resources Committee will cooperate to promote city growth and place planning.
JOINT WORKING WITH NON COUNCIL BODIES:
The Committee, through its lead officers, will regularly consider key issues arising through other external organisations, including:
· the Aberdeen City Region Deal Joint Committee
· Opportunity North East
· the Regional Advisory Board
· Aberdeen Inspired
· the Scottish Cities Alliance
· the Aberdeen Renewables Energy Group
· the Strategic Development Planning Authority
· EU Regional and Thematic Groups
· the World Energy Cities partnership
· coordinating structures emerging from the Council’s Urban Governance Framework
Executive Lead: Director of Resources
- Councillor Marie Boulton (Convener)
- Councillor Douglas Lumsden (Vice Convener)
- Councillor Ian Yuill
- Councillor Gordon Graham
- Councillor Jenny Laing
- Councillor Philip Sellar
- Vacancy 1
- Vacancy 2
- Vacancy 3
- Karen Finch (Clerk)
Support officer: Karen Finch, tel 01224 522723 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.