Purpose of committee
Service Updates for Council can be viewed here:- Council Service Updates
Please note that online agendas are retained indefinitely
The Council itself reserves the following functions:
1. The setting of council tax in accordance with s93(1) of the Local Government Finance Act 1992 or the setting of a reduced amount of council tax under s94 of that Act or paragraph 3 of Schedule 7 to that Act.
2. The setting of a balanced budget annually, including the setting of fees and charges.
3. The borrowing of money as provided for in section 56(6)(d) of the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1973.
4. The approval of any annual investment strategy or annual investment report required by any consent issued by Scottish Ministers under s40 of the Local Government in Scotland Act 2003.
5. The approval of the Council’s Treasury Management Policy and Strategy.
6. The determining of an application for planning permission for a development where a pre determination hearing is held in terms of s38A(1) of the Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1997.
7. The appointment of committees and the number and allocation of seats, the appointment and removal from office of the Lord Provost, Depute Provost, Leader or Co Leaders and/or Depute Leader, Business Manager and Depute Business Manager, a convener for each committee and a vice convener as appropriate and the approval of senior councillor allowances.
8. The approval of the Local Development Plan.
9. The approval of an Administration’s political priorities.
10. Consideration of each committee’s annual report of its effectiveness.
11. The consideration, where required, of reports by both the Standards Commission for Scotland and the Financial Conduct Authority, and the overseeing of members’ standards of conduct.
12. The establishing of Appointment Panels in accordance with Standing Orders.
13. The approval of the Council’s Scheme of Governance.
14. The approval of the Scheme of Establishment for Community Councils.
15. The establishment of Working Groups.
Executive Lead: Chief Executive
- Councillor Barney Crockett (Lord Provost)
- Councillor Jennifer Stewart (Depute Provost)
- Councillor Gill Al-Samarai
- Councillor Yvonne Allan
- Councillor Christian Allard
- Councillor Alison Alphonse
- Councillor Philip Bell
- Councillor Marie Boulton
- Councillor David Cameron
- Councillor John Cooke
- Councillor Neil Copland
- Councillor Bill Cormie
- Councillor Steve Delaney
- Councillor Alan Donnelly
- Councillor Jackie Dunbar
- Councillor Lesley Dunbar
- Councillor Sarah Duncan
- Councillor Stephen Flynn
- Councillor Gordon Graham
- Councillor Ross Grant
- Councillor Martin Greig
- Councillor Dell Henrickson
- Councillor Ryan Houghton
- Councillor Michael Hutchison
- Councillor Claire Imrie
- Councillor Freddie John
- Councillor Jenny Laing
- Councillor Douglas Lumsden
- Councillor Sandra Macdonald
- Councillor Neil MacGregor
- Councillor Avril MacKenzie
- Councillor Catriona Mackenzie
- Councillor M. Tauqeer Malik
- Councillor Tom Mason
- Councillor Alexander McLellan
- Councillor Ciarán McRae
- Councillor Alex Nicoll
- Councillor Jim Noble
- Councillor John Reynolds
- Councillor Philip Sellar
- Councillor Sandy Stuart
- Councillor Gordon Townson
- Councillor John Wheeler
- Councillor Ian Yuill
Support officer: Martyn Orchard, tel. 01224 523097 or email email@example.com.