Purpose of committee
Service Updates for Council can be viewed here:- Council Service Updates
Please note that online agendas are retained indefinitely
Terms of Reference operational from 1 April 2020
The Council reserves the following functions:
1. The setting of council tax in accordance with s93(1) of the Local Government Finance Act 1992 or the setting of a reduced amount of council tax under s94 of that Act or paragraph 3 of Schedule 7 to that Act.
2. The setting of a balanced budget annually, including the setting of fees and charges, including the approval of commissioning intentions and service standards
3. The approval of the capital programme.
4. The borrowing of money as provided for in section 56(6)(d) of the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1973.
5. The approval of any annual investment strategy or annual investment report required by any consent issued by Scottish Ministers under s40 of the Local Government in Scotland Act 2003.
6. The approval of the Council’s Treasury Management Policy and Strategy.
7. The appointment of committees, including external members, and the number and allocation of committee places, the appointment and removal from office of the Lord Provost, Depute Provost, Leader or Co Leaders and/ or Depute Leader, Business Manager and Depute Business Manager, a convener for each committee and a vice convener as appropriate and the approval of senior councillor allowances.
8. The election of members to the Licensing Board.
9. The review of polling districts and polling places.
10. The administration of trusts in respect of which the Council is sole trustee or the only trustees are elected members and/or officers of the Council, such administration to include the exercise of all trustee powers in terms of legislation, common law and trust deeds.
11. The approval of the Local Development Plan.
12. The approval of an Administration’s political priorities.
13. The consideration of the Council’s Delivery Plan.
14. The consideration of its annual report of its effectiveness and each committee’s annual report of its effectiveness.
15. The consideration, where required, of reports by both the Standards Commission for Scotland and the Financial Conduct Authority, and the overseeing of members’ standards of conduct.
16. The establishment of the Appointment Panel in accordance with the Standing Orders for Council, Committees and Sub Committees.
17. The approval of the Council’s Scheme of Governance.
18. The approval of the Council/Committee Diary
19. The approval of the Scheme of Establishment for Community Councils.
20. The establishment of Working Groups.
21. To consider any matter which the Council has previously considered and agreed to receive a further report.
Executive Lead: Chief Executive
- Councillor Barney Crockett (Lord Provost)
- Councillor Jennifer Stewart, the Depute Provost, (Depute Provost)
- Councillor Gill Al-Samarai
- Councillor Yvonne Allan
- Councillor Christian Allard
- Councillor Alison Alphonse
- Councillor Philip Bell
- Councillor Marie Boulton
- Councillor David Cameron
- Councillor John Cooke
- Councillor Neil Copland
- Councillor Bill Cormie
- Councillor Sarah Cross
- Councillor Steve Delaney
- Councillor Alan Donnelly
- Councillor Jackie Dunbar
- Councillor Lesley Dunbar
- Councillor Sarah Duncan
- Councillor Gordon Graham
- Councillor Ross Grant
- Councillor Martin Greig
- Councillor Dell Henrickson
- Councillor Ryan Houghton
- Councillor Michael Hutchison
- Councillor Claire Imrie
- Councillor Freddie John
- Councillor Jenny Laing
- Councillor Douglas Lumsden
- Councillor Sandra Macdonald
- Councillor Neil MacGregor
- Councillor Avril MacKenzie
- Councillor M. Tauqeer Malik
- Councillor Tom Mason
- Councillor Alexander McLellan
- Councillor Ciarán McRae
- Councillor Jessica Mennie
- Councillor Alex Nicoll
- Councillor Audrey Nicoll
- Councillor Jim Noble
- Councillor John Reynolds
- Councillor Philip Sellar
- Councillor Gordon Townson
- Councillor John Wheeler
- Councillor Ian Yuill
- Allison Swanson (Clerk)
Support officer: Allison Swanson, tel. 01224 522822 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.