In my area
Use the Aberdeen City Council Interactive Mapping service to explore your local area
Planning Development Management Committee
Purpose of committee
Service Updates for this Committee can be viewed here:-
Please note that online agendas are retained indefinitely
PURPOSE OF COMMITTEE
To ensure the effective undertaking of the Development Management and Building Standards duties of the Council.
REMIT OF COMMITTEE
The Committee will:
1. determine all applications for consent or permission except those local applications which fall to be determined by an appointed officer under the adopted Scheme of Delegation or for which a Pre Determination Hearing has been held;
2. visit application sites where agreed;
3. authorise the taking of enforcement action;
4. make Orders and issue Notices;
5. approve development briefs and masterplans;
6. develop and adopt non-statutory development management guidance (supplementary planning guidance);
7. conduct pre-determination hearings in pursuance of the provisions contained within Section 38A of the Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1997; and
8. review and approve policies and supplementary guidance relating to its function.
JOINT WORKING WITH OTHER COMMITTEES:
The Committee will maintain an awareness of key issues arising through the work of other committees of the Council, through lead officers, conveners and vice conveners working together, and attending other committees as observers. Specifically, key relationships will be required with the City Growth and Resources Committee which will oversee the preparation of the Local Development Plan to the point where it will be approved by Council.
JOINT WORKING WITH NON COUNCIL BODIES:
The Committee, through its lead officers, will work jointly as appropriate with the Scottish Environment Protection Agency, Historic Environment Scotland and the Planning and Architecture Division of the Scottish Government.
Executive Lead: Chief Officer – Place
- Councillor Marie Boulton (Convener)
- Councillor Jennifer Stewart (Vice Convener)
- Councillor Yvonne Allan
- Councillor John Cooke
- Councillor Neil Copland
- Councillor Bill Cormie
- Councillor Martin Greig
- Councillor Avril MacKenzie
- Councillor M. Tauqeer Malik
- Lynsey McBain (Clerk)
Support officer: Lynsey McBain on 01224 522123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.