In my area
Use the Aberdeen City Council Interactive Mapping service to explore your local area
Planning Development Management Committee
Purpose of committee
Please note that online agendas are retained indefinitely
ABERDEEN CITY COUNCIL
PLANNING DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
ORDERS OF REFERENCE
1. The Planning Development Management Committee will have the primary responsibility for ensuring the effective and proper disposal of the Development Management and Building Standards responsibilities of the Council.
2. The Committee will ensure that the functions, powers and duties of the Council as planning authority and buildings authority in terms of relevant planning legislation and building standards regulations are met and, in particular, the Sub-Committee shall:-
(a) determine all applications for consent or permission except those local applications which fall to be determined by an appointed officer under the adopted Scheme of Delegation;
(b) visit application sites where agreed;
(c) authorise the taking of enforcement action;
(d) authorise participation in the appeals process;
(e) make Orders and issue Notices;
(f) approve development briefs and masterplans;
(g) develop and adopt non-statutory development management guidance (supplementary planning guidance); and
(h) conduct pre-determination hearings in pursuance of the provisions contained within Section 38A of the Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1997 (as introduced by Section 14 of the Planning etc (Scotland) Act 2006).
3. The Committee will ensure the integrated delivery of these services within the policies and strategies of Aberdeen City Council.
4. The Committee will ensure that it delivers services within the overall resources management strategies as set by the Council and that it achieves maximum value for money and Best Value in service delivery.
5. The Committee will receive and scrutinise performance information for the Development Management and Building Control services.
- Councillor Ramsay Milne (Convener)
- Councillor Andrew Finlayson (Vice Convener)
- Councillor Marie Boulton, Depute Leader of the Council
- Councillor Neil Cooney
- Councillor John Corall
- Councillor Barney Crockett
- Councillor Alan Donnelly
- Councillor Martin Greig
- Councillor Michael Hutchison
- Councillor Muriel Jaffrey
- Councillor Graeme Lawrence
- Councillor M. Tauqeer Malik
- Councillor Jean Morrison MBE
- Councillor Alex Nicoll
- Councillor Jennifer Stewart
- Councillor Sandy Stuart
- Mark Masson (Clerk)
- Lynsey McBain (Clerk)