In my area
Use the Aberdeen City Council Interactive Mapping service to explore your local area
Communities, Housing and Infrastructure Committee
Purpose of committee
Please note that online agendas are retained indefinitely
Information Bulletins for this Committee can be viewed at the following link:-
ABERDEEN CITY COUNCIL
COMMUNITIES, HOUSING AND INFRASTRUCTURE COMMITTEE
ORDERS OF REFERENCE
1. To be accountable for all services provided by the Communities, Housing and Infrastructure Service, except where delegated to the Planning Development Management Committee.
2. To receive and scrutinise performance information for the Communities, Housing and Infrastructure Service, except where delegated to the Planning Development Management Committee.
3. To take financial decisions concerning the Communities, Housing and Infrastructure Service budget where there will not be an adverse impact.
4. To ensure that it delivers the services within the overall resources and management strategies as set by the Council and overseen by the Finance, Policy and Resources Committee; and to ensure that it achieves maximum value for money and Best Value in service delivery; except where delegated to the Planning Development Management Committee.
5. To develop and approve service policies.
6. In respect of Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre Ltd and its subsidiary companies, the Committee shall receive from the governance hub twice yearly progress reports on matters such as operational performance (including financial performance), people performance, risk management and service quality (including single outcome agreement achievements, customer feedback, and health and safety); and an annual presentation on the ALEO business plan, which will be used to approve funding for the subsequent year.
7. In respect of the Council’s responsibilities in relation to the Scottish Police Authority, the Police Service of Scotland and the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service under the Police and Fire Reform (Scotland) Act 2012, the Committee will:-
(a) comment on the strategic police plan and the strategic fire and rescue plan when consulted by the relevant national authority;
(b) respond to consultation by the Chief Constable on the designation of a local commander and by the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service on the designation of a local senior officer;
(c) be involved in the setting of priorities and objectives for the policing of Aberdeen and for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service for the undertaking of its functions in Aberdeen;
(d) specify policing measures the Council wishes the local commander to include in a local policing plan;
(e) approve a local police plan submitted by the local commander and to approve a local fire and rescue plan prepared by the local senior officer and submitted by the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service;
(f) monitor service provision and delivery in Aberdeen and provide feedback to the local commander and the local senior officer;
(g) consider reports, statistical information and other information about the policing of Aberdeen and the undertaking of the Fire and Rescue function in Aberdeen provided in response to the Council’s reasonable requests;
(h) agree, with the local commander, modifications to an approved local police plan at any time; and
(i) liaise with the local commander and local senior officer with regard to the undertaking by them of the community planning duties of the Chief Constable and the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service.
8. The Committee will consider such reports on the following tier 2 and 3 organisations, and any tier 4 organisation, as may be submitted from the governance hub:-
· North East Scotland Transport Partnership (NESTRANS)
· Strategic Development Planning Authority (SDPA)
· Visit Aberdeen
· Grampian Venture Capital Fund Ltd
· Aberdeen City and Shire Economic Forum (ACSEF)
· Aberdeen Heat and Power (AHP)
· Grampian Housing Association
· Care and Repair
· Aberdeen Lads Club
· Fersands and Fountain Project
· Middlefield Community Project
· St Machar Parents Support Project
9. Representatives from external organisations are required, when requested, to attend and contribute to meetings.
- Councillor Yvonne Allan (Convener)
- Councillor Philip Bell (Vice Convener)
- Councillor Brett Hunt (Vice Convener)
- Councillor Neil Copland
- Councillor Bill Cormie
- Councillor Alan Donnelly
- Councillor Steve Delaney
- Councillor Jackie Dunbar
- Councillor Stephen Flynn
- Councillor Gordon Graham
- Councillor Ross Grant
- Councillor Michael Hutchison
- Councillor Sandra Macdonald
- Councillor Ciarán McRae
- Depute Provost Tom Mason
- Councillor Alex Nicoll
- Councillor Jennifer Stewart
- Emma Parr (Clerk)
Support officer: Emma Parr, tel 01224 522607 or email email@example.com.